Saturday, October 3, 2009

FSOTD #39/Well... All Right (1958)


The late and still great Buddy Holly graces today's FSOTD stage.  "Well... All Right" was released as the B-side to "Heartbeart" in November of 1958.  Less than 3 months later, Holly was dead, killed in the plane crash that also claimed Ritchie Valens and The Big Bopper (J.P. Richardson).  There's nothing left to say about this tragedy, but I would like to be counted among those (and there are many) who believe that February 3, 1959 was indeed the day the music died.

I noticed in my iTunes that I have 3 versions of the song: Holly's, the Santana version from 1978, and a 1996 rendition by Nanci Griffith (and The Crickets).   I was troubled when it dawned on me that the Blind Faith cover wasn't in my iTunes.  Troubled quickly gave to embarrassed as I discovered that I don't even own the CD.  Ouch.  Talk about a music collection gaff.  Perhaps even a sin.  I decided the FSOTD player offered opportunity for atonement, so I hope you enjoy the 1969 "Well... All Right" from rock's original super group, Blind Faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment