Thursday, November 26, 2009

FSOTD #53-A *Thanksgiving*


I have so many things to be thankful for, and so many people to thank for so much.  But I'll skip all that and just express my thanks for my delightful dogs Scooter and Smudge.  From them,  I have learned so much about love, and I can only hope some of that shines through in my human contact.  That's Scooter on top, Smudge bottom.  

I am also thankful for that vast wasteland commonly known as TV.  I love television.  It's a constant companion.  It's entertaining...sometimes even calming.  Sometimes not.   C'mon, admit it...there's tons of education to be had through the boob tube.  What's more, it's not even a tube anymore.   But there are still plenty of boobs.  Let's give thanks for that?

So...are you a Beatles' lover?   There's a one hour show currently airing on The History Channel called Beatles on Record.   Produced this year, it chronicles the evolution of the band, using the recordings made at Abbey Road studio as the show's thread.   It begins with "Love Me Do" in 1962 and continues through the end.  All in one hour.  There are photographs, film and the audio is exclusively John, Paul, George, Ringo and Sir George Martin.  Those five voices only, woven over fantastic in-studio images, many of which you will not have seen before.  It's downright fascinating, and at this very late hour, anything about The Beatles with a true "new" quality, well, that is something we should all be thankful for.   The History Channel, this Sunday, 4pm CST.

FSOTD

No comments:

Post a Comment