Saturday, August 29, 2009

FSOTD #8/I'm A Loser (1964)

First Song Of The Day #8: "I'm A Loser" by The Beatles. Recorded in 1964, released in late 1964, but it came to the U.S. on the album Beatles '65. One of the early examples of what was to become a long list of less-than-happy John Lennon songs. It is also is one of many Beatles songs (I will make a playlist of them before too long) that start with vocals. And finally, a quick run through my Beatles collection revealed these five songs that were penned and released by the Fabulous Four AND all began with "I'm":

"I'm A Loser"
"I'm Happy Just To Dance With You"
"I'm Looking Through You"
"I'm So Tired"
"I'm Down"

Sir Paul was playing "I'm Down" on his latest tour, or at least he did at his stop at the new Cowboys Stadium earlier this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment